Monday 4 March 2013

Week 9

This week I had the lurgy which wasn't much fun!  It's been cold but sunny so I shouldn't complain about the weather. My biggest problem this week has been breathing, which isn't brilliant at the best of times but with a cold and the cold weather I've struggled this week.  I did get a new PB on Saturday though, however Sunday was tough.  Deirdre is sticking with her Bath bun strategy and I think that I will be joining her from now on (maybe hot cross buns).  Someone in my house ate my very expensive GU Chomps, not that they're very tasty or anything but you do need something to keep you going on a long run.  I've learnt a few things this week:

  • My camel pack leaks if you hang it upside down and don't put the rubber seal on properly
  • Remember to check that I have my skins on the right side out (inside out not back to front!)
  • Don't leave very expensive Chomps in plain view of husband
  • Hot cross buns are much better on a LSR than cinnamon bagels
  • Running on a camber hurts my foot
I've decided to raise money for The British Heart Foundation.  My page is here and it links to this page so if you just came from my Virgin Money page HELLO and welcome to my blog!


It was a tough decision as there are so many worthy charities to choose from.

Anyway I'm looking forward to an easy week because I'm off to sunny Spain on Sunday (not ideal I know but I can't wait).

Tuesday - Selection of hills, 4.2 miles
Thursday - 7 miles at marathon pace
Saturday - parkrun PB!!!!
Sunday - LSR 17 miles - ouch

Total miles run: 31.3 - biggest weekly mileage so far.
Total marathon miles: 196.6

(22 miles cycled, 2 spin sessions, 1 pump)

No comments:

Post a Comment