Sunday 24 March 2013

Week 12

This week is bloody freezing again!  My 20 mile LSR was cold and painful and I ended up running the last 6 on my own which was tough for good for me!  It took until Wednesday for my quads to recover from the Reading Half Marathon but the 5 miles on Thursday was nice and easy and I took the parkrun nice and steady.  It is really hard training in the snow, sleet, rain and wind.  I wonder what the chances are of a sudden change in the weather?  I am a bit worried that suddenly the 21st April will be a scorcher and I will die of heat exhaustion!!  Well I'm sitting on the sofa, my legs are aching but I'm happy.  It took about an hour for my lungs to recover though!!  Anyway, I'm planning on getting a cheeky 4 miles in tomorrow morning and a body pump class because I'm having an operation in the afternoon and I'm not sure how long it will take to recover.  Four weeks today and London will be over........  I get butterflies when I think about that!!!

Tuesday: Ham Cross Hill Session 4.2 miles
Thursday: 5 miles steady
Saturday: Parkrun 3.1 miles
Sunday: 20 miles LSR

Total miles: 32.3 miles

Total marathon miles to date 262.9
(2 spins, 1 pump and 15 miles cycled)

No comments:

Post a Comment