Sunday 31 March 2013

Week 13

This was a week of two halves (as they say in football), with the first half sitting on the sofa eating way too much chocolate and drinking way too much wine whilst recovering from my op.  I had to rest for 5 days so on Thursday (nearly 4 days rest) I went to Pilates.  You may recall from an earlier blog that I actually hate Pilates but this time was ok.  We got to use poles which you hook around your feet.  I think I did it wrong as usual because I didn't ache at all the next day!  The second half of the week, Friday, Saturday and Sunday I ran loads!  Sunday was the best run as the sun came out and everyone in the world was happy.  We also saw most people in the world whilst out on our run and Deirdre took photos around the route, so here is our 15 mile Easter Sunday route courtesy of Mrs I:

We went down to Richmond Lock (1.5miles)
Along the tow path to Richmond and then Twickenham (we saw Kirsty along by Marble Hill Park)
From Twickenham we followed the river to Strawberry Hill
We then went into Bushy Park (where we saw Jo SH), Sharon, Mark, Linda, Katrina and Jackie.
From Bushy Park we went through Hampton Hill to Crane Park (11 miles).
And we bumped into the lovely Heather who took this photo of us
We had a bit of an adventure in Crane Park trying some paths we'd never tried before.  We then ran the 1.3 miles home bumping into the lovely Annie in Whitton High Street.  It took us ages to cover our 15 miles because we had to keep stopping to chat!!
 
Friday: 10 miles
Saturday: Parkrun 3.1miles
Sunday: 15 miles
Total miles: 28.1
 
Total marathon miles: 291
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment