Monday 29 April 2013

Week 17

So, the plan for this week was to recover!  I had Monday off of work and I managed to haul myself down to Virgin Active to sit in the spa pool until I was as wrinkly as a prune.  I was seriously sore until Wednesday anyway but I managed to go spinning on Wednesday morning which helped.  I was raring to go by the weekend and got a PB at parkrun on Saturday.  I wasn't going to run on Sunday but as next week is a bit of a challenge (a funeral on Wednesday and Danni's 18th birthday on Thursday) I went for a 10 mile run with Deirdre.  It was a beautiful, sunny day so I took some photos.

This heron was sitting as still as a statue on the grass near to the tunnel leading up to the Terrace Gardens in Richmond.


This beauty was chilling by the polo field.

It took until Sunday, but I've managed to talk Deirdre into running the Brighton Marathon next year - another Spring challenge!!

Saturday: 3.1 miles
Sunday: 10 miles
Total miles this week: 13.1 miles

Total marathon miles: 379.05
1 x spinning, 5 miles cycled - not bad considering!

No comments:

Post a Comment