Sunday 5 May 2013

Week 18

This has been a memorable week......  I went to see my GP on Tuesday for my blood test results.  This isn't anything unusual because I go about every 6 weeks but this time they were NORMAL!  This is totally amazing news - the first time in three years that it has been so I was off the scale happy.  I actually cried when I called my husband to tell him.  I didn't run this week on Wednesday or Thursday.  I went to a funeral on Wednesday.  Nobody likes a funeral but they do make you think don't they and to appreciate what you have.  Well I do anyway!  On Thursday it was my daughter's 18th birthday.  Obviously there was much celebration, wine and cake!!  Saturday after the wine and cake I was super happy to run 5k in under 30 minutes.  The icing on the cake was that Deirdre did too - on the same day!  I know that to most people this isn't anything monumental but for me it is.  I ran a handful of parkruns before my clots (well 5 actually) and didn't start running them regularly until June 2010 (after the clots) as a way of getting back to running and getting my fitness back.  So, it has taken me 86 parkruns to do it.  I admit that I didn't put maximum effort into all of them.  I ran a lot of them with a hangover.  There were quite a few last July that I couldn't even finish.  I've now run 91..... 9 more until my 100 t-shirt!!  (I'm very excited about that prospect).  I don't know my official time for today's half marathon but I was 2 hours 30 mins and something seconds.  It was hot but I don't have any real reason why it took me longer than I'd hoped (I was aiming for 2.25 ish) but to be honest I don't really care.  It was fun and I'm still smiling from Saturday.  Oh, and Edinburgh Marathon is 3 weeks today.... must book a physio appointment as my leg hurts!

Tuesday 5.2 miles group run
Saturday 3.1 miles parkrun
Sunday 13.1 miles Ranelagh Half Marathon
Total miles this week: 21.4 miles

Total marathon miles: 400.45

(2 spins, 1 pump and 20 miles cycled)

No comments:

Post a Comment